Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Farmers Basket

 Yes, I know I am really early this month.  But, in about 30 minutes I am being collected ready for the long drive the Millicent and the Geltwood Festival.  I figured that by the time I get back next week, I will be too busy to think about this project.

I have to warn you up front that this one is Tricky if you are doing rotary cutting, and sewing on the machine.  Sorry  ...  this was not my intention, as I make my blocks by hand piecing with templates, I did not think it might be a problem.  Some of the cutting sizes are a bit strange.  Just use a generous 1/4" seam allowance on the machine, and it should all be ok.   OR, take the plunge, and hand piece them.  This is the perfect time to try it out.

http://www.legendandlace.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=32

The little group of blocks is looking really pretty now.  If you have your blocks up to this stage as well, I would love a photo to share.  Lori has shown hers, but I have not seen any others.  Come on, be brave and send photos to me!  My email address is Legendandlace@Gmail.com

The patterns for all these basket blocks are on the Legend and Lace website free of charge.

5 comments:

  1. Great collection of basket blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't they look lovely together! so generous of you to provide us all with yet another little basket - thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the temptation! I've been wanting to make a basket quilt for a while now, this may be it. I must learn to hand piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hand piecing is my preferred method but they can be madeon the machine

      Delete