Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Friday, March 21, 2014





Back in November, Penny came from Toowoomba for a workshop, Metro Medallion.  Her quilt, (and most of the people participating) used modern fabrics.  I could not help myself, and used some red and black reproduction style fabrics, plus a cheddar and cream I already had.  I thought it would look ok, and this week I managed to finish the top.  The pattern has an extra little diamond shape that I did not include, but I am thinking I might applique this in place, where the cream background fabric meets.  That looks like quite a BIG blank space.
These are the fabrics I used.  I had bought them for another thing I had in mind, that got put aside.  Still might happen - black and red applique.

These blocks are made with a tricky curved ruler from Sew Kind of Wonderful.  There is another one I am making called Metro Rings, which is an updated version of the Double Wedding. Ring quilt.  I am making mine with red and yellow 'cause I have so much of it.  The pattern says you can use a Jelly Roll.

So far I have made one quarter of one "ring".  The corner triangles will be turquoise and brown.  I found these in my stash as well. 
You sew all the strips together then slice them up with the Quick Curved Ruler
Mary and I will be doing some demos of this ruler, and will have them and the patterns for sale at the the Geltwood Festival 28th March to the 6th April.

Also, back in stock is the Karen Kay Buckley Perfect Thread Bag.  The price is $40, which does not include the threads......sorry.  These are great for carrying your threads and other sewing bits and pieces in a tidy bundle.
The come in a green leaf pattern, and bright multi print.

Thread Bag Black background with large flowersThread Bag/Black background with green leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment