Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Free weekend

We had planned to go away to Burra this weekend for a little R & R.  The DH has been reading up on the old mines in the area, and charged up the battery of the metal/gold detector.  I was going to have uninterrupted stitching time.   Oh dear, best laid plans....etc.  he got sick!  Last weekend John was complaining of a sore throat.  It was still there on Tuesday, so off to the doc, and he has pharyngitis!  Straight to bed and stay there.  So, I have a free weekend, with no commitments.  Today was voting in the state election and I have already done that by post, as I thought we would be away.  I got cracking on the Pom Pom tree pattern, and it is now all done.

 The digital pattern is now available on the Legend and Lace website for $4.95

Now I can relax for the rest of the weekend, and get some of my hand quilting done.  I am working on my version of the Little Sisters quilt from the Smithsonian.  The plan is to enter it into the Sydney quilt show in July.  I have 3 1/2 months of quilting to go!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you enjoy your bonus quilting time. What a treat for us all to see your Little Sisters quilt at the Quilt Show - am very much looking forward to it!
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete