Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Friday, February 22, 2019

Emily's Legacy

After 10 years I finally have the pattern for this quilt ready!  It took me 5 years to make the quilt, then another 5 years of procrastination to finish the pattern.  I still had all the drawings  I made when I created the quilt from just a photograph.  It was pretty much hit and miss from the start, but in the end it turn out ok. 
My finished quilt Emily's Legacy

Drawings I kept while making the quilt

Photos I used to make the pattern



Two of of the lovely ribboms won at the Sydney Quilt Show


The pattern is in our Etsy Shop,  There is also a  link on the side panel of this page if you want to have a look. 

What finally inspired me to get a wriggle on was the suggestion that it might have been a project at the upcoming Quilt Symposium in New Zealand.  I had to work really hard to get it done, then in the end they chose something else. Which is just fine, because I already have those patterns done.



Anyone going to Auckland NZ in October?  I am !  There are heaps of local and International tutors to choose from.  5 days of sewing, eating, drinking, and meeting new people.  Check out the venue https://www.quiltsymposium2019.nz/stay-play/our-venue

It is very exciting for me.  It is the first time I have been invited to teach in New Zealand and I am really looking forward to it.


8 comments:

  1. It is such a gorgeous quilt! If I ever decide I need a challenge, I will get the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful quilt! Good for you for getting the pattern done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder. I bought the pattern but never got it so I need to check into this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt, and congratulations on finishing the pattern! Success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of Emily's Legacy, I don't believe I have seen it before Wendy. Looking forward to going to the Quilt Symposium in Auckland, hope the weather is kind for us.

    ReplyDelete