Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Treasures in the mail box



and I could not wait to get the box open.  A friend told me she was "downsizing" and had a heap of fabrics to get rid of, and did I know anyone who might be interested in buying them from her.  They were Smithsonian fabrics.  Yes, please, I would love them!  I already have a project in mind.  The box arrived with four packs inside.
 Some of these are my all-time favourite fabrics.  Never thought I would see them again.
 This large print is interesting and will go into my "borders collection"
Some of these greens I have been eeking out here and there so that I could have just a little bit in some recent works.   Now I can be a little more carefree with them.  Some I am not all that crazy about, but still love them for what they are.

Now that put a little smile on my face, and now all I need is the appropriate project.  I am making the Maltaville Quilt, and Margaret has used mostly Smithsonian fabrics in hers, so I will be using many of them there. 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely gift fabric - you certainly are a lucky friend. However if you can't find a project for the beautiful florals I can - please contact if you want to move them on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they were not a gift as such, but i feel like they were, as I did pay for them - worth every penny!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful collection of beautiful prints - I know you'll have fun playing with these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky for you,Wendy! These are some of my very favorite fabrics and I will admit to hoarding them (and using them too of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meant to tell you how much I love the quilt in your background! Have you ever shown us the rest of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the background quilt is a little cot quilt. I will find the photo of it and post a bit later. Thanks for asking! I use the image on my business cards as well.

      Wendy

      Delete