Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Friday, May 2, 2014

on the subject of doll quilts......

Look what I got in the post yesterday, from Nancy near Philadelphia, in the USA
Doll quilt from Nancy
This is the lovely little lilac/purple doll quilt I received in the Doll Quilt swap that Lori organised. It is machine pieced, and has hand quilting.  Just lovely.  Thanks the quilt Nancy, and thanks to Lori for putting us all together.

Doll quilt I sent to Darlynn
This is the one I made and sent to Darlynn.  This quilt was made from some of the left over flying geese blocks I found.  I misunderstood the rules of the swap when I signed up, and thought it was just a quilt top.......no......it was a whole quilt, quilted and finished.  Panic set in, and this what I came up with, and I machine quilted it.  After I had made it, I liked it so much, I wanted to keep it:-(

I am writing this to you from my bed.  yesterday I had a HUGE fall at the gym, and fell onto the hip where I had replacement surgery 6 1/2 years ago.  It hurt real bad, and scared me even more.  I am seeing the doc this afternoon.  In the mean time, I am resting and have to use the walking stick to get around.

Nearly forgot!  Penny now has her website Pennylanepatchwork.com up and running.  It looks great.  Go and have a look.  Will be up there in 2 weeks time.....very exciting!




1 comment:

  1. Siento muchísimo tu caída, espero que pronto te recuperes
    y podamos disfrutar de tus trabajos
    Los edredones minis son preciosos los dos ¡¡¡felicidades!!!
    Yo no participe , me asusto no llegar a tiempo, otra vez sera
    Buen fin d semana
    saludos

    ReplyDelete