Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tiptoe Through the Tulips - Part 7

Tiptoe Through the Tulips - Flower Tree - part 7

When I made this quilt I really wanted to take advantage of the stripes in the two fabrics I had chosen for the funny looking flower/trees.  I cut the whole shape out of one piece of fabric.  If you are not confident about applique-ing into those inner curves and corners, you could do the stems of the flowers as seperate pieces, put the flowers over top, then the large trunk of the tree over the inner edges of the stems.  It could still be done with striped fabrics, but you would just have to spend a little more time in fussy cutting the fabrics to get it right.

I used two fat quarters for my trees,cutting two from each fabric,  and put them in opposite corners.  You will have to put the borders onto the quilt centre, and then place the shapes over the seams so that they are exactly in the corners.

The patterns are now available on the Legend and Lace website as a digital download.  The price is $4.95.  As always, let me know if you have a problem, or need any help.  I will do what I can to sort it for you.  However, I can not do anything about your printer:-))

Now that I have only one more thing on my "to do" list before I got to Toowoomba next week, I will spend some time finding some blocks for us to do after the baskets are completed.  I did not mean "call it quits" for good - just for the basket blocks.  I am running out of ideas for them, but will keep looking.

Thanks for your continued support.

No comments:

Post a Comment