Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Monday, April 19, 2010

Little Sister Quilt progress

I have been doing a little bit on the Little Sister quilt between other projects.  So far the centee is finished, 8 of the 16 4" stars and 2 of the 4 corner flower blocks.  The side applique is completed, and now I have to think about the border.  I have drawn the feathers, but just need to think about the placement.  It is a bit hard to get a full picture of the quilt as my house is so cluttered and it is a big quilt.  Don;t know how I will be when it is all finished and I am ready to wash and block.  Might have to borrow someone elses house!

None of the stars or corners are sewn in place, I have just placed them where they will be in order to get an idea of the final result.

I have been in touch with the Smithsonian Museum who own the original quilt, with a view to creating the pattern once I have finished.  I have not heard anything back from them, so don;t hold your breath if you are thinking of getting a copy for yourself.   My plan is to have it all completed for the Adelaide Quilt show in November this year.  I need deadlines, or it will just languish.

3 comments:

  1. Wendy, it is spectacular! I hope you can get permission from the Smithsonian to produce a pattern. I am sure you will earn a ribbon for this beauty at Adelaide.

    hugs,
    Pat in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top is lovely. I hope you do get it done by your deadline. I agree they do help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The quilt is amazing and you have made a lot of progress.I hope you hear back soon from the Smithsonian.

    ReplyDelete