Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Am I this crazy?

 I got a link to the Chicago Quilt Festival and there were some outstanding antique quilts on show.  Amongst them was one they called a Masterpiece and I agree!  I am thinking of making it.  In fact I have already started.  It is made up of many hexagon flowers and stars, plus baskets.  I have made 2 hexagon flowers.


This photo from the Houston Quilt show last October, was shown in the French Magazine Quiltmania issue No.75.  I use to subscribe to this magazine once they started printing it in English, then I did not renew.  Sorry about that now.  It has always has beautiful photographs of beautiful quilts.

So now that I know the size of the quilt I can start working out the size of the various parts and the actual size of the hexagons and stars.

yes, I am crazy!


8 comments:

  1. hi wendy,how did you get to know the size of this beautiful quilt,i am making it too,but i just guessed the size,you can look at my progress on my blog http://susisquilts.blogspot.com/ if you want,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun making it. The photo in quilt mania was very nice. It is the only quilt magaizne I suscribe to now. Susi is doing a great job with her reproduction of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a long term fun project. It's a real beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will enjoy seeing your progress as you work on this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hexagons for the flowers need to be 3/4" on the straight side. The first 2 I made 1" and they were far to big. The flowers need to be just over 4". I have made two more, and they are a better size. Can't do too much until I finish some more work on the Little Sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that quilt! I had a chance to see it up close in Chicago and went crazy taking lots of closeups. Let me know if you would like to see my online album.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy that you found my Flickr set and enjoyed the antique quilt shots. It will be quite a challenge to reproduce that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MJinMichigan - yes I would love to see your online album. I could not find an email address for you.

    be*mused jan - your album is fabulous! I keep going back for more looks.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete