Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Circuit Rider's Quilt - 3rd block

I thought I would get this next block finished while I had no other committments.  We had a sewing day at Vicky's house yesterday, and it was the ideal time.  No interuptions, except coffee, cake, lots of talk etc.  I could not decided if the highlights on the flowers should be on top, or if they were reverse appliqued.  I did both!  reverse on the large flower and on the top for the small flower.


I will add it to my website Legend and Lace over the next couple of days for those who want to join the Block of the Month.  The fabrics will be similar - but may change each month according to what I have on hand.  They will all be good quality Reproduction style fabrics.

Remember, you have to buy the book, because of copyright issues, then the fabrics to make the block will be sent each month.  The book is $48.50 and the monthly BOM is $15.  There are 12 bocks in the series, then you can make more if you want to from the book.


3 comments:

  1. Love your block, Wendy, very pretty indeed. I particularly like the reverse applique. Happy Easter, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I like that you did both types of applique for the flower centers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great block, Wendy! You are a master appliquer!

    ReplyDelete