Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Beyond the Cherry Trees

I started this block on Christmas Day after all our guest had gone, and finished it last night.  It is free BOM on the Sentimental Stitches website 



My original idea was to just use the lime green fabric, one yellow and one red.  I realised that was going to be impossible, as all I have are bits and pieces - so it is another scrap quilt!  The background fabric is beautiful.  I bought the Moda Muslin (not the Bella) 200 thread count.  It feels just beautiful, and can just imagine what it will be like quilted. 

I had to go out and buy embroidery thread.  I use to do a lot of cross-stitch, but gave away all my threads.  Can you believe it - I could hardly remember how to do stem-stitch!  That is what we learn in kindergarten sewing classes.

So far there have been 3 of the free blocks.  I have them all downloaded, and might get another one drawn up tomorrow.  However, today I am working on my Mary Mannakee, which I have not touched for ages.

1 comment:

  1. this is on my to do list too, love it

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete