My original idea was to just use the lime green fabric, one yellow and one red. I realised that was going to be impossible, as all I have are bits and pieces - so it is another scrap quilt! The background fabric is beautiful. I bought the Moda Muslin (not the Bella) 200 thread count. It feels just beautiful, and can just imagine what it will be like quilted.
I had to go out and buy embroidery thread. I use to do a lot of cross-stitch, but gave away all my threads. Can you believe it - I could hardly remember how to do stem-stitch! That is what we learn in kindergarten sewing classes.
So far there have been 3 of the free blocks. I have them all downloaded, and might get another one drawn up tomorrow. However, today I am working on my Mary Mannakee, which I have not touched for ages.