Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pieces from the Past - Sampler Quilt


I finished the 4 Block hand pieced sampler quilt top. The blocks are 18" each, plus 2" sashing and borders. My plan, is to make 5 more blocks, unpick the border where necessary, and join in the other blocks to make 9. This is initially for a class sample, and once that is done I can do some more work on blocks.


The red fabric is by Windham, Redworks, by Susie Osburn, from Michigan State University Museum. I bought it because I like directional fabric, and it was red. I have had it in the bottom drawer for ages, and thought I would give it an airing. I love to cut stripes across, never thinking when I bought it that the stripe goes across the width, meaning I had to cut the fabric the length of it to get the stripe. Most annoying, but I think I have enough left to add in the extra 5 blocks when (if) I get to that stage. I might make a pattern of it too.

I am not going to quilt this for the class, as I want people to see the back and the hand piecing. So, that has let me off the hook a bit!

If you want more information about the class please get in touch with Karen at the Sewing Sanctuary.  It will be held on 3rd Saturday of the month, starting February 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment