Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Block Number 4

I finally got the final block of my 4 block hand pieced sample done for classes at the Sewing Sanctuary  from February  http://kitsnpieces.com.au/

This block is called "Island Creek Hustler"  -  whatever that means!!  It is from Block Base and there is a little note about it being from a Maine, USA, Periodical called "Hearth and Home".

We will be doing one block a month for 4 months, then the next term it will be applique and hand quilting.  Anyone interested in joining in, please contact Karen Bennett info@kitsnpieces.com.au and she will take your name and give you more information.


In the next few weeks I plan to sash these blocks, and that will probably be in red.....first choice anyway.

I have to have a rest of my hands, arms, shoulders - today I had steroid injections for tendonitis in my elbow, and bursitis (how do you spell it?) in my shoulder.  I am feeling a bit sore and sorry for myself today.

No comments:

Post a Comment