Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Zig Zag Scrappy

Yesterday I picked up my scrappy Zig Zag quilt, from Elaine, Quilting in the Vines, McLaren Vale.  I had the all-time-favourite, Baptist Fan design quilted on this top.  I almost don't even have to tell Elaine that is what I want- she knows I love it.  The curved lines are just perfect to enhance these straight block kind of designs.

All ready to take to the Scrap Quilt workshop on May 3rd.  Well, almost ready.  I have put on the machine part of the binding, but need to do the hemming.   I hate that part, but I do have 2 weeks to get it done.


You can see the quilting lines in these close ups, and some of the old time fabrics I used.  This quilt is made from strips of 2 1/2" wide, cut across the width of the fabric.  You can cut from fat quarters as well.

The workshop is full!  In fact we have more people than we planned, and have to beg and borrow tables and chairs.  If you are still interested in a scrap quilt, I might be holding another day at one of the local quilt shops in August and/or September.  So, keep an eye out here for further posts.


9 comments:

  1. Wow!! The scrappy Zig-Zag looks awesome and yes, I too love the Baptist Fan quilting design!!! Just perfect!!! It's so nice to be able to use up scraps that have been hanging around for ages just waiting for their chance to shine again!!! Have a great workshop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Wendy looks so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt, so simple, so striking. Going to check with my long armor and see if she can do Baptist Fan. I love that pattern in hand quilting, never thought about it in machine quilting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, your LA'er did a great job with the quilting, this isn't the easiest pattern to master. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quilt! Truly one of my favorite patterns, and you used wonderful fabrics. I must agree with you - binding is a drag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The long arm quilting lady, Elaine, pops in from time to time, so i know she will appreciate your comments. Thanks, Wendy

      Delete
  6. Your Zigzag quilt is great. I spotted some of my favorite repro fabrics in it. The Baptist Fans quilting definitely enhanced the look. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, colorful quilt, Wendy! One of my long arm quilters loves to do the Baptist Fan on my quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great. Will have to get Elaine to do that on one of my Repro style quilts for me!

    ReplyDelete