Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Monday, April 1, 2013

I am working very hard on my "to do"list and this block is about the only thing that worked out ok today.  I decided last night that I would start machine quilting my scrappy Zig Zag quilt for the workshop in May 3rd.  Lots of things going on at present, but I thought I could get it done with simple cross-hatching.  I got about a 3rd of it done, and it looked really horrid.  So, I did what I hate most, I un-picked it!  I decided to get it professionally machine quilted, and I hope very much that Elaine can fit it in before I need it.  If not, then I take it to the workshop unquilted, which is a whole lot better than taking one that looked so bad.

Next week end I am teaching at the Threadbear Patchwork and Quilting shop in Castlemaine, Victoria.  They are having an Applique School and I am one of the 4 teachers charged with the job of making applique easy for everyone.  I am very excited and nervous.  This past week and a half I have been working on class samples, so there has not been a lot of time to spare - and I go and waste a half day on un-picking!!

Anyway, the latest block on the Rose Garden BOM - Prairie Rose - is now available to download on the Legend and Lace website.

For those lovely ladies who made comment on the borders for my scrap Wrench quilt - I am going with the final fabric I showed, the lovely pink and green.  It is all cut out and ready to attach.  Now I could have been doing that today, instead of unpicking.  Much more positive!

1 comment:

  1. Am glad you are going with that border for the Wrench quilt - was my favourite too. Didn't want to say as I thought you had already picked the first one!LOl.
    Very nice new block :)Sorry to hear about the zig zag quilting and good luck getting a nice finish.
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete