Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Rose Garden - Block 7

Another Rose of Sharon!  There are heaps of them if you look through the reference books.

I have been basking in the luxury of having not much to do over the last few weeks, and suddenly it is February and it is all go go again.  I am pleased that I managed to get this block made several weeks ago.  It is now available on the Legend and Lace website to be downloaded.

Yesterday, my regular Sit n Sew group at Hettie's Patch started up again, and it was lovely to see the familiar faces, and get time to chat and catch up.  This is a "hand sewing only" group that I run on the first Saturday of the month, in the rooms of the most beautiful patchwork shop.  It is truly inspirational to sit amongst so many delectable fabrics for 3 hours.  I showed off my Mrs Vigors (renamed "out of the closet") and one or two of the girls were interested in making that one with me.  Let me know if you would like to try it as well, and you can join us.

The group is open to anyone who wants to do applique, English Paper Piecing, traditional template piecing, hand quilting - you name it, we can do it.

On the Third Saturday of the month, I have anther hand sewing only group, and we are moving from McLaren Flat to The Sewing Sanctuary at Aldinga.  Once again, hand sewing only, and anyone is welcome to join in.  Please contact me, Wendy@legendandlace.com, or the shop on (08) 8556 533.  This shop has one of the best local collections of Reproduction fabrics I have seen, and I am excited about working there as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous block, Wendy! It would be a dream come true to sew with you in your group. Hope you have a great turnout!

    ReplyDelete