Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Circuit Rider's Quilt Blocks 17 & 18

It takes me about 3 evenings to do one of these blocks.  The first night I draw it on the fabric, the second night I do most of the back-basting, and the 3rd night I sew it in place. 
 This block, I basted the leaves in place, then appliqued them.  Next part I pasted the stem and appliqued that.  Finally I put the flowers in place.  Only tricky bit is the internal points of the flowers and getting those triangle bases to look right.
This was so easy!  I basted the leaves in place, appliqued them, then put the centre over top of the bases.

I have only 6 blocks to go to complete the 24 in total for the Circuit Rider's BOM, and to fulfill my 30 blocks I want to make the quilt complete. There are 6 blocks I have made that are not in the book.

The 6 blocks are all chosen, and I think I had better do something a little more complex for the next one, or I will fall into a false sense of security.

1 comment: