I have mentioned before about this sampler. I made two 4 block samples for classes on hand-piecing. Then I pulled them apart, made another block, and turned it into a 9 block quilt. I took it along to our sewing day on Friday, to get some ideas about the border. I made my mind up on one, until I saw the other! It is now a complete top. I decided on the black and red floral. It is from the Sophia range.
The sunlight washes out the colour. but it shows up pretty well. Now the plan is to get it basted and hand quilted in the next couple of months. BTW, I am still teaching the hand-piecing with this quilt, and the shop has kindly let me take it away, but I have to bring it back each month for the class. My DH is away for a week or so, so I figure it is a good time to get it out on the dining table, where I can baste a little at a time without being in anyone's way.