Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Beyond the Cherry Tree Block 15

No, I have not been totally idle over the holidays!  I did manage to get this block 15 done.  I was a bit concerned that the overlapping flowers and leaves would get lost with the basket fabric, but it looks ok in the photo.  I changed it just a tiny little bit as I really wanted to use this large print again, and it was great the for the centre flower.  The original drawing had 5 layers! - far too many for me.

Now onto the Antique Sampler blocks, and the Circuit Rider block 15........

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The center flower looks good. Broderie perse method, if I am correct. You do such good applique. It is always a pleasure to visit your blog and see what you have been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful applique! Anxious to see what the whole quilt looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - such great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete