Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Part 2

I decided to get this out before breakfast today.  My granddaughter, Skylar, on the phone last night told me (not asked!) that she was coming to stay for a week.  Oh, really?  School holidays started yesterday, and she is bored already?  I figured it would probably last for a few days, not a week, but decided to get this part 2 of the Tulip quilt done this morning.  The first part was available at the beginning of the month, and as we probably get a bit a free stitching time coming up, you might like to start early.  From here on it will be around the 15th of the month with all my other blocks.

You can now go to the Legend and Lace website and get the block here.

As always, please let me know if there are any problems with the download, or the quality of the tempates, or instructions.  I will fix or replace what I can.




I made a few more of the Rolling Stone blocks and I really like them.  The colours are going to be "in your face" .  I like the way they form another pattern when you put them all together.  Funny me, but I like to time things when I start something new.  How long will it take me to make this quilt?  It takes about 30 minutes to make one block.  Not long, and that includes cutting and ironing.  This is going to be my Monday project.  I find Mondays are days that I generally have no commitments, and can get a bit of "me time" in.

Also started another "Bit Stitch" quilting project.  This is a quilt I made a short time back, and I thought about machine quilting.  It is going to a magazine, so I can not show too much, but I do love this stitching.  It works so quickly.  I am using Valdani perle cotton, and a Clover Sashiko needle.
I am going to do some stitches in the darker areas as well, so you might be able to see that better when I get it done.

Ok, breakfast time, and get ready for the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment