Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Friday, April 8, 2011

More Scrap Quilts

This is the latest finished top to add to the Scrap Quilt project.  I am going to call this one Secret Garden.  It kind of reminds me of one of the lattice fences I have around my garden to keep the dogs out.  I had been playing with the blocks for a while, then had a little hurry up.  This quilt is the next one to go to Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine, but I thought another quilt was the next!  I was kind of dragging my heels with this one.  So, yesterday I got out my vast supply of suitable border fabrics and finished it off.  I love green, but don;t use it much in borders.  This one is by Moda, and called Looking Back by Brannock and Patek.  I bought a half bolt of it, so there is enough for the backing as well.  Better get cracking on the quilting soon, I guess.
In the post today, I received back my Rail Fence quilt from Aust P & Q.  It is to appear in the next issue Vol 20/3, which means I will remove it from my website.  This quilt was beautifully machine quilted in a Baptist Fan design by Elaine Pelatt at Quilting in the Vines, at McLaren Vale, South Australia.

Here are some close ups, so you can see the fabrics I used, plus the lovely stitches by Elaine.  I just love Baptist Fan, and I almost want to have all my quilts done with this pattern.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the publications. I too, love the Baptist Fan, I'm hand quilting one right now and when I get to put one of my tops on my machine I'm going to attempt this with templates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabric selections Wendy - you have a gift for color selection, not to mention your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilts do have a bit of a zing with the addition of those yellows - lovely!. I too am doing Baptist Fans on a lap size quilt by hand. So nice and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You HAVE TO have yellow and red in a scrap quilt. It is impossible to make one work without these colours. Also, I think black is important as well for the contrast

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the lattice quilt a lot, especially that it is made scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both such simple and effective designs. More so with your fabric choices. Well done.

    ReplyDelete