Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Scrap Quilt workshop


It is a bit hard to get this quilt all in one photo.  You get both angles here.  So, finally the half square triangles are all stitched together.  All ready for our workshop on July 27th.

I am going through a bit of a zig zag phase in my quilting life.  Do you think it reflects my mental state?  Hope not.  I have put my triangles together in this way, but if you have a look at my earlier photos, you can see all the variations.  You can probably come up with a few more as well.

As well as the triangles, we have the Thousand Pyramids quilt which Mary has made all from strips of 5" fabric.  You can cut full across the width of the fabric, or use fat quarters.  The more fabrics you use, the scrappier it gets.  Just need to make sure you have plenty of contrast.

Time and place........Saturday 27th July, from 9.30am, Lutheran Church Hall, McLaren Vale, South Australia.  Cost for the day is $50, which includes your lunch, and morning and afternoon tea. 

Visiting South Australia?  Spend a day in the beautiful McLaren Vale wine region, and a day sewing with us.  Great plan!  Send the DH to the golf course.  He won't mind :-)

Please email me if you would like to book a spot.  We still have places.

2 comments:

  1. Your zig-sag quilt looks really nice, but if I could attend I would go for the Thousand Pyramids, just something I haven't done before..
    Hope you get a full class for your 'sew-in'!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete