Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Where have I been?

These last 3 weeks I have been busy again.  It is winter here, and I don't like the cold weather.  We have had a few trips away from home, and some repairs done around the house, and finally I got time to work on my Rose Garden Block of the Month.  This is block 11 - a wonky looking Whig Rose.

 
Whig Rose




There is only one more block to go in this block of the month.  Usually by this stage I have worked out what I want for the next block, but my brain is in other places.  I expect I will find one fairly shortly.

The Whig Rose is on the Legend and Lace website now if you want to download it.  The price is $2.50 if you live in Australia,  and less if you live in another country.  Two reasons I don;t have to charge the 10% GST, and the Aussie $ has dropped value recently.

While it is winter I turn to my knitting.  I started this really scrappy kind of vest/wrap.  The idea is to buy 15 different yarns, different textures etc, break them up into smaller balls of between 1 and 3 metres (yards) throw them into a bag, and just use whatever yarn you pull out.


Inside showing joins of wool

Tie the knots on the back of the work and just keep going.  My combo of red and black is most appealing.  It is a bit hard to see, but I have started the shaping for the arms, and the front shaping is just adding a stitch at each end of every 4 row.  It will look better and make more sense when it is finished.  I have used sparkly yarns, boucle, home spun, angora, etc.

It is cold and flu season again.  My grand-daughter Skylar came to visit yesterday and she was not sick, but she was quiet, and made no mess at all.  Something is not right there!!  I asked her a few times if she was feeling ok, and she said she was.  This morning I got a call from my daughter to tell me she has woke up with a croopy kind of cough.  My DH John is in bed now (midday) and has been complaining of a sore throat.  Fingers crossed I don;t get it.  I have no time to be sick!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your Whig Rose block, once it's quilted and on the bed the wonky won't show LOL!!!!
    Your knitting project looks interesting, and the method more so!!! This cooler weather certainly makes me want to find those knitting needles too!!!!

    ReplyDelete