Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

playing with UFO's - again

This is another setting for my collection of Ohio Stars.  I used the zig zag setting on a basket quilt years ago, and I really like it.  It just takes a little planning with the corner triangles - make sure they are all on the right grain, or it will pull out of shape.

Another little collection of blocks I found.  These are from my red and while "Botch Handle" or "Devil's Claw".  I made 5 of them and realised that they were the wrong size, and then I found another pattern that was a little easier on the cutting.  I dragged them out and turned them into a cot quilt.

I had been waiting for a chance to use the red and black paisley fabric - this was it.  It turned out about a metre square - not a bad size for 5 blocks.


4 comments:

  1. I love how the black and red top turned out. How many of the other size do you have made?
    The setting for the stars looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 12 of the other size and plan to make 20 all together. It is "resting" for a while longer, as I need to get back to the spider's web quilt. Need to make another 3 blocks for our workshop.

      Delete
  2. Great finish! Now, doesn't it feel good to get rid of those UFO's? Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love that setting for the Ohio blocks, such a classic layout!!!!! What a great little quilt you created with your orphan blocks, just perfect! You have been a busy girl in the sewing room lately!!!

    ReplyDelete