Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A little more

of the English Paper Pieced blocks, for the new Block of the Month.  I have been digging through my scraps to make these little blocks.

 I always buy directional fabrics when I see them, no matter what the print or colour, as I know that one day I will use them in something like this.  Even the smallest bit I keep.  The grey fabric above, I found just the other day when I was having a clean out of my drawers.  The piece was maybe 8" square, and not good for much, except these little hexagon blocks.

These are a sample of the BOM, This Goes with That, which starts in February.  Each month you get two patterns, papers and perspex templates and a fabric pack.  It is envisaged that you will add fabrics from your own stash, and make more blocks.  They don't take long to make.  The final 4 blocks I made tonight watching the TV. 
I now know why EPP has been so popular over so many years, it is because you don;t really have to have very good eye sight.  As the shapes are made by the papers, you can not really go very wrong.  Well, that is my theory, and it works for me.

3 comments:

  1. Love that theory.
    Looks like a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love a repro stripe! One of the best things about a stripe is that the fabric bolt is always in the sale bin because stripes scare quilters. Love your little blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous blocks there Wendy. We always love seeing what our customers have made from our Patterns. You have chosen some great fabric for fussing cutting. The key to this quilt is to pick fabrics you would not necessarily use as when you fussy cut the entire print changes. Shannon

    ReplyDelete