Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

English Paper Piecing

this form of patchwork has really had a resurgence in the last few years.  We went from hand piecing, to fast quilts - desperate to get as many done as we could.  Now back to slow quilts, enjoying the process, and trying to get the best use out of our fabrics.





I started on my first two blocks  today of my new Block of the Month from Sue Daley designs - This Goes With That!   I found a fabric with a directional feathered print, and when I put it together it looked like a wreath.

The next block is the same group of papers, but I chose a central print, and then reversed the outer 1/2 hexagons, and kind of wrapped them around the centre.

This is part of a Block of the Month where you get papers, templates, and fabrics.   It runs for 8 months, and I hope to be able to show you new blocks every week or so.  If you want more information about the BOM please visit my website.  We are not starting until February, so you have plenty of time to join in.

I love directional fabrics, and have been collecting them for years.  Now I get to use as many as I like.



While I have been sitting and sewing :-) my DH John, has been rebuilding the pergola.  The timber of the old one rotted, and the only thing holding it up was the vines.  Bit scarey when the wind blows.  Anyway, it came down, and has been down all winter, but now that summer is here he is rebuilding it.  He is a bit of a clever cookie to do it all himself, and I just have to do the fetching and carrying.

I will get some more photos in a day or two when it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment