Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Monday, November 21, 2011

Half way there

The plan for this project was one block a day until all twenty were made.  Some how that kind of fell in a hole, as I did not make any at all last week.  So far I have got off to a good start this week, and made 3 blocks today.  I really like digging deep into the scrap boxes, and using the last precious bits of some pinks and greens.  Some of these are really old!  I like taking the photos too, it really gives a different idea of what the finished quilt might look like.

 They are getting pretty easy to make, with the fast cutting and sewing for the half square triangles.  I make piles of colours and sizes on the cutting board and hope that I pick up and sew together in the right order.  Hate unpicking................grr

 I sew them together in 5 sections,  then the 5 strips to form the block.  These are my trusty $3 Ikea scissors.  They cut anything, and I leave them lying about in the sewing room so that anyone can borrow them when I am not looking.  You never know what your good scissors might have been used to cut.
Another one all finished and added to the pile

1 comment:

  1. These blocks are looking good and it will be a great quilt. Take care.

    ReplyDelete