Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Monday, July 19, 2010

Beyond the Cherry Trees - Block 10

This week I got block number 10 downloaded, drawn up and finished!  More circles and more leaves......

There have been lots of challenges the last few weeks.  My camera would not work during my trip away, and it was going to cost about $150 to get in fixed.  The on/off button would not work.  i managed to get all the photos off the camera and into the computer.  Phew!  My dear Brother in Law saw the camera sitting on the kitchen bench and offered to have a look at it for me.  He brought it back working within an hour.  Don't ask what he did!  he is not even sure himself, but it is working again.

Then the hard drive on the computer started to die.  I think I might have got a virus. or something.  Same clever BIL, got the stuff off my hard drive for me, and install a new hard drive, for $75.  I lost a few patterns, but all can be recovered from hard copies, and all my photos are ok.

Thought I would lay out the first 9 blocks and see what they look like.  This is going to be a VERY BIG quilt!  about 92" I think.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, The blocks look wonderful together. #10 is
    very pretty too.I haven't started on them as of yet. One of these days.
    Glad you got everything working again. Sure enjoy your blog.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are beautiful!!! You are doing a terrific job!! I'm hoping to start this quilt in the fall.

    ReplyDelete