Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Georgetown Circle

Pieces of the Past - Georgetown Circle
I can't believe how quickly the days are flying by!  I am sure it was just the other day that I put up the block 2 of the Pieces of the Past, and now it is time for the next one already.

This block is Georgetown Circle.  As you can see, I made it with lots of different fabrics.  I started with the centre fabric, and worked out from there.  When I was teaching this class, some of the girls did it in just two colours, like blue and white.  Others did it with the background fabric as some of the spokes of the wheel, so that it looks like an open cart type wheel.  Lots of opportunities to play with fabrics and colours.

The block is now on the Legend and Lace website as a digital pattern.  All 3 patterns will stay there until all 9 blocks are completed.

Tomorrow I am off to my sewing group, Stitching Matters.  I hardly ever get to go these days, as much as I would love to.  Fridays are just turning into bad days for me, but I really need some R&R and I hope that will be tomorrow.  I am working on the hand quilting of my sampler quilt Past Reflections.  This is the quilt that started out as blocks from the Circuit Rider's quilt and I added another 20 or so other blocks.  I have entered it into the South Australian Quilters guild exhibition in November, so really have to get it done.  A whole day of quilting would make a bit hole in it. You can see a picture of it here before I started the quilting.

1 comment:

  1. Georgetown Circle is very pretty.
    I hope you make it to stitch with friends - sometimes a good investment to recharge!

    ReplyDelete