It seems I have run out of excuses for not finishing my Little Sisters quilt. It has been resting for 18 months. Just lately I had Cheri give me a "hurry up" on it. Penny has been at me too, as well as the very patient Dawn.
It looked like this last time I posted on it. It sat about since then. this week I ran out of excuses, and started on the final border. I had the drawing for the leaf/feather in my box for about 2 years, so that was not the problem, it was just working out how to get it to all fit around the edge. That is worked out, and I will show you when it is all done.
I went to the cupboard to get out the red fabric, and could only find about 1 1/2metres left. I am so sure I had more, and guess I have nibbled at it, or it is stashed some place else. First thing in the next morning I jumped online and ordered another 2 yards just in case. Really, I was surprised to find it, but will wait and see if I it arrives. It is a very old Judie Rothermel Lancaster County 111. Fingers crossed. I am not even sure I like it any more, but it does give out that lovely warm red glow, as it has the little bit of yellow in the print. The green is the same range.
I use lunch wrap tissue on a roll to trace my drawing. I can play with it a fair bit, rub out, copy etc, and it is pretty tough really. Great for borders.
So girls, thanks for nagging, it is in the way again.
If you want to see any other posts on this quilt you can use the search facility near the top, on the RHS